- For Wells Fargo, Miller estimates potential losses of $3.55 billion as a servicer and another $3.29 billion in losses as a lender.
- Bank of America could face $2.33 billion in losses as a servicer and $2.12 billion in losses as a lender.
- For JPMorgan Chase, FHA claims denials could lead to losses of $1.39 billion as a servicer and 1.42 billion as a lender.
- Citigroup's (C - Get Report) losses as a servicer from FHA claims denials could total $1.66 billion, while its losses could total $810 million.
- U.S. Bancorp (USB - Get Report) could lose $760 million as a servicer and $700 million as a lender.
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC - Get Report) faces "implied losses" of $300 million as a servicer and $390 million as a lender from FHA claims denials.
- For PNC Financial Services (PNC - Get Report), the analyst estimates that losses from FHA claims denials as a loan servicer could total $240 million, while the company's losses as a lender could total $210 million.
Banks Face New Multibillion-Dollar Mortgage Slam: Analyst
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.