How do you invest off of it?
Frankly, you bet on its failure. You bet that the big distributors of natural gas team up with Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP) and its affiliated export terminal company, Cheniere Energy (LNG) which doesn't have enough money to do it on its own and get the natural gas where it is more needed and can earn more money, which is overseas. The way I have been advising this is to buy Chart Industries (GTLS), which just hit a 52-week-high yesterday.
You have to ask yourself what is that stock doing to hit a 52-week high? Simple. People see what is happening. The president is not going to let nat gas be used as a bridge fuel so all of these big international oil companies are going to build facilities to send it to Asia. You can't do it without GTLS.
So, bet all you want that Boone Pickens and his team can get this critical act through. I am going to be with the president, who tilts toward windmills, and the coal and chemical industries. Sadly, I believe overly green thinking in the White House plus dirty fuel money in Congress will stop this bill from passage. Which makes Chart Industries a great buy even up here and especially on a European-induced pullback.Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV