BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Mario Monti's decision to name himself Italy's finance minister leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Wednesday, Nov. 16.
Wednesday's 5 Biggest Stories
As if becoming Italy's new prime minister wasn't a tough enough task,
Mario Monti will also be the country's finance minister.
The Internet is buzzing this morning because of this report that says
Newt Gingrich was paid up to $1.8 million in consulting fees by
Quote of the Day"You know how screwed up Europe is when you have a German pope and an Italian central banker," hedge fund manager Kyle Bass said of the eurozone crisis, adding that the only resolution is a massive debt restructuring.
Company NewsIs Jerry Yang going to screw over Yahoo! (YHOO) shareholders again?
MarketsFor all the handwringing over volatility, the S&P 500 has seen its intraday trading range shrink over the past two weeks.
Investment StrategyIf you want to invest like Warren Buffett, simply buy companies founded in the 19th century.
Odds and EndsMark Cuban, who recently said he's 50% in cash, offers his view on corporations and taxes. A must-read.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV