Currently, United Continental (UAL) and Delta (DAL) offer non-stop service from their hubs in Newark and Atlanta. Both fly Boeing 767s. Hawaiian said it will be the only carrier to offer complimentary hot meals in all cabins: It will also offer introductory one-way fares of $212 in coach and $808 in first class for tickets purchased this month for travel in June 2012.
The West Coast is Hawaii's largest source of tourists, and it has abundant service to Hawaii from a wide variety of cities. Hawaiian serves 10 U.S. cities. US Airways (LCC) devotes nine Boeing 757s to Phoenix-Hawaii service. However, US Airways' attempt to fly Charlotte-Honolulu, which began in April 2010, was cancelled after just four months.
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV