Mitek Systems Inc. Stock Downgraded (MITK)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Mitek Systems (Nasdaq:MITK) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been unimpressive growth in net income over time. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 221.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.18 million to -$0.22 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, MITEK SYSTEMS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- MITEK SYSTEMS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MITEK SYSTEMS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.02 versus -$0.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.24 versus -$0.02).
- The gross profit margin for MITEK SYSTEMS INC is currently very high, coming in at 91.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -7.20% is in-line with the industry average.
- MITK has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 10.60, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV