Synergy Resources Corporation Stock Downgraded (SYRG)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Synergy Resources Corporation (AMEX:SYRG) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SYNERGY RESOURCES CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SYNERGY RESOURCES CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.51 versus -$0.88 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 3.9% in earnings (-$0.53 versus -$0.51).
- Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, SYNERGY RESOURCES CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SYNERGY RESOURCES CORP is currently very high, coming in at 90.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 46.90% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 380.58% to $4.09 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SYNERGY RESOURCES CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 31.83%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 125.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$6.34 million to $1.59 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV