TEL AVIV, Israel
November 16, 2011
OPERATING PROFITS AND MARGINS ERODED FOLLOWING THE CONTINUED INCREASE IN RAW MATERIAL AND INPUT COSTS, AND INVESTMENTS IN GLOBAL EXPANSION;
STRAUSS GROUP SALES TOTAL
NIS 5.6 B
, UP 11.5%, SALES GROWTH IS EVIDENT IN ALL ACTIVITIES AND ALL GEOGRAPHIES.
Strauss Group (STRS.TA) today reported its results for the third quarter and first nine month of 2011.
, Chairperson of Strauss Group, said today: "Strauss continued with its strategic plans of international expansion, while emphasizing the adjustments necessary in
as a result of public dialogue and the social protest that has erupted over the high cost of living in the country. While investing in international markets and the company's growth engine, Strauss continues to review all work plans to provide appropriate solutions to the new reality."
, President & CEO of Strauss Group, said today: "Strauss Group reports Third Quarter results with a 13.8% growth in sales, with growth evident in all activities and geographies. In Israel, the Group home base, we continue to grow in volume and value with continued investment in innovation."
"While Group sales experienced growth, operating income and profitability eroded due to the increase in raw material, input costs and energy prices. Net profit increased by 7% following the decrease in finance expenses. The Group continues to invest in developing its international activities, emphasizing investment in water and refrigerated dips and spreads through strategic international partnerships."
Third Quarter Financial Highlights
- Sales totaled NIS 2.0 billion ( NIS 1.8 billion last year), up 13.8%; Organic sales growth net of exchange rates effect totaled 12.2%.
- Gross profit totaled NIS 688 million (34.1% of sales), compared to NIS 642 million last year (36.3% of sales), up 7.3%.
- Operating profit totaled NIS 139 million (6.9% of sales), compared to NIS 161 million last year (9.1% of sales), down 13.6%.
Nine Months financial Highlights
- Net profit to shareholders totaled NIS 61 million, compared to NIS 54 million last year, up 13.7%.
- Sales totaled NIS 5.6 billion ( NIS 5.0 billion last year), up 11.5%; Organic sales growth net of exchange rates effect totaled 10.2%.
- Gross profit totaled NIS 2.0 billion (35.8% of sales), compared to NIS 1.9 billion last year (38.5% of sales), up 4.0%.
- Operating profit totaled NIS 418 million (7.4% of sales), compared to NIS 479 million last year (9.5% of sales), down 12.7%.
Main pro-forma data
- Net profit to shareholders totaled NIS 170 million, compared to NIS 209 million last year, down 18.7%.
(in NIS million):
Nine Month Third Quarter
2011 2010 % Chg 2011 2010 % Chg
Sales 5,629 5,047 11.5 2,015 1,771 13.8
Profit 2,017 1,941 4.0 688 642 7.3
Profit (1) 418 479 (12.7) 139 161 (13.6)
the Period 237 286 (17.0) 86 81 7.9
(2) 170 209 (18.7) 61 54 13.7
(1) Before other income (expenses)