Crown Holdings Inc (CCK): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
Crown Holdings Inc (CCK) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Crown Holdings Inc fell 26 cents (-0.8%) to $32.43 on light volume. Throughout the day, 895,391 shares of Crown Holdings Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $32.32-$32.80 after having opened the day at $32.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.69. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: Cereplast Inc (CERP), down 10.1%, Shiner International Inc (BEST), down 9.5%, Ever-Glory International Group Inc (EVK), down 6.9%, and Swisher Hygiene Inc (SWSH), down 4.3%. Crown Holdings, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. Crown Holdings Inc has a market cap of $5.02 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.1, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Crown as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Crown Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV