General Cable Corporation (BGC) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, General Cable Corporation fell 26 cents (-0.9%) to $27.16 on light volume. Throughout the day, 546,620 shares of General Cable Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.63-$27.46 after having opened the day at $27.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.42. Other company's within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: Cleantech Solutions International Inc (CLNT), down 29.7%, THT Heat Transfer Technology Inc (THTI), down 14.8%, China Infrastructure Investment Corporation (CIIC), down 11.3%, and China Development Group Corporation (CTDC), down 10.2%. General Cable Corporation provides copper, aluminum, and fiber optic wire and cable products worldwide. General Cable Corporation has a market cap of $1.45 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13, below the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 13.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 21.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates General Cable as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full General Cable Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BGC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV