Genentech (DNA) chairman Levinson has been a co-lead of Apple's board since 2005, but will now serve as non-executive chairman, according to a statement released by Apple after market close.
|Apple has appointed Art Levinson non-executive chairman of its board.|
"Art has made enormous contributions to Apple since he joined the board in 2000," explained Apple CEO Tim Cook. "He has been our longest-serving co-lead director."Apple also announced that acclaimed Walt Disney (DIS) CEO Robert Iger will join the iPhone maker's board and serve on its audit committee. Recent speculation suggested that Cook might add new blood to the board, and there have also been calls for the company to appoint a non-Apple insider as independent chairman. Apple's stock crept up 30 cents, or 0.8%, to $389.13 in extended trading on Tuesday. -- Written by James Rogers in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV