Hansen Natural Corporation (HANS) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Hansen Natural Corporation rose $1.65 (1.8%) to $94.92 on light volume. Throughout the day, 637,744 shares of Hansen Natural Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $92.63-$95.38 after having opened the day at $92.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.27. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR), up 13%, Farmer Bros (FARM), up 5.4%, Teavana Holdings Inc (TEA), up 5%, and Seneca Foods (SENEA), up 4.8%. Hansen Natural Corporation, through its subsidiaries, develops, markets, sells, and distributes beverages in the United States and internationally. Hansen Natural Corporation has a market cap of $8.14 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 32.2, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 78.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hansen Natural as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Hansen Natural Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV