Thank you, Carl. Good morning, everyone. Regarding the financial update; Palatin’s net loss for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 was $3.4 million or $0.10 per basic and diluted share compared to a net loss of $4.6 million or $0.39 per basic and diluted share for the quarter ended September 30, 2010.
The decrease in net loss for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 compared to the same period last fiscal year is the result of Palatin’s previously announced strategic decision to reduce staffing levels and to focus resources and efforts on clinical trials of bremelanotide for female sexual dysfunction, the pre-clinical development of an inhaled formula of PL-3994 and a new peptide drug candidate for sexual dysfunction.
The decrease in net loss per share was also significantly impacted by the higher number of shares outstanding in the quarter ended September 30, 2011, compared to the same period last fiscal year due to the sale of shares of stock in March of 2011.Regarding revenue; total revenue for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 was $27,000 compared to $216,000 for the same period in 2010. Revenue for these periods consisted entirely of amounts recognized under our agreements with AstraZeneca. Regarding costs and expenses for the quarter ended September 30, 2011, total operating expenses were $3.4 million compared to $4.8 million for the same period in 2010. The decrease in operating expenses for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 compared to the comparable quarter in 2010 is the result of our strategic decision to reduce infrastructure costs referenced prior. Regarding our cash position, our cash and cash equivalents were $14.9 million, as of September 30, 2011, compared to $18.9 million, at June 30, 2011. Our current liabilities were $1.7 million, as of September 30, 2011, and $2.8 million, as of June 30, 2011, a reduction of $1.1 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV