NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There are now 153 undercapitalized institutions on the TheStreet's Bank Watch List, which is only one fewer than last quarter, despite two dozen banks being shuttered by regulators in the meantime.
Based on a now-complete set of third-quarter regulatory data supplied by SNL Financial for the nation's banks and savings and loan associations -- and factoring-in the 24 bank and thrift failures since TheStreet's final second-quarter Watch List was published on August 16 -- 153 institutions were undercapitalized according to the regulatory guidelines that apply to most institutions.
The list is updated from the preliminary Watch List published on Nov. 2, now that all U.S. banks and thrifts have completed their third-quarter regulatory filings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV