NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- There are now 153 undercapitalized institutions on the TheStreet's Bank Watch List, which is only one fewer than last quarter, despite two dozen banks being shuttered by regulators in the meantime.
Based on a now-complete set of third-quarter regulatory data supplied by SNL Financial for the nation's banks and savings and loan associations -- and factoring-in the 24 bank and thrift failures since TheStreet's final second-quarter Watch List was published on August 16 -- 153 institutions were undercapitalized according to the regulatory guidelines that apply to most institutions.
The list is updated from the preliminary Watch List published on Nov. 2, now that all U.S. banks and thrifts have completed their third-quarter regulatory filings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV