Stepan Stock Hits New 52-Week High (SCL)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Stepan Company (NYSE:SCL) hit a new 52-week high Tuesday as it is currently trading at $82.78, above its previous 52-week high of $82.75 with 22,126 shares traded as of 1:45 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 43,700 shares over the past 30 days. Stepan has a market cap of $839.7 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 6.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Stepan Company, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the production and sale of specialty and intermediate chemicals to manufacturers in various industries worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.7, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your SCL trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV