The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
By Nathan Slaughter
NEW YORK ( StreetAuthority) --Amid all the gridlock in Washington, a little-known bill that could create jobs and be a crucial key to our energy future is showing signs that it could get passed any day now.
Even better, it could lead to yet another green light for investors in a certain group of stocks.It's called the New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act, or Nat Gas Act. On Sept. 21, following a general conversation about energy tax incentives, two separate subcommittees within the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee opened the floor to debate, and several members stepped forward to discuss the pros and cons.
|A little-known bill could be a bonanza for commercial natural gas backers.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV