BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- It's shaping up to be a big month for retailers.
With Black Friday just over a week away, retail companies are scrambling to get the upper hand on their competitors on the biggest shopping day of the year. In general, retail sales have been strong in 2011, and even though Black Friday sales numbers are projected to post only a modest increase, any surprise will go a long way in boosting sentiment for stocks with retail exposure.
As Wall Street's focus starts turning to retail names this week, we're doing the same with our list of technical trading setups worth watching right now.For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. Here's a look at five new technical setups with some sort of significant retail exposure that could deliver breakout gains to your portfolio this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV