Fannie and Freddie Execs Earned $95.4M Since Crisis
The numbers have sparked congressional inquiries, as the housing giants owe the Treasury $130 billion, according to the Congressional Budget Office, a number that is expected to climb in subsequent years.
The filings have been public since early this year, but hadn't attracted much attention until a recent report by Politico highlighted some $12 million in compensation for top executives last year, according to CNN.
Indeed, a Feb. 24 filing by Fannie Mae shows CEO Michael Williams earned about $5.6 million in 2010, $6.7 million in 2009 and $7.1 million in 2008. Williams became CEO in April 2009 after serving four years as e.v.p. and COO.-- Written by Dan Freed in New York. Follow me on twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV