Since the crisis, Pepsi's made it a priority to buy back its U.S. supply chain in deals valued at $14 billion, adding to other takeovers for a total of $19.4 billion. In August 2009, Pepsi bought back the stakes in its Pepsi Bottling and PepsiAmerica's divisions previously spun through IPO's. After first bids by Pepsi were rejected for being too low, a price increase made the buybacks go through. In 2010, Pepsi reported a doubling of revenue in its North American beverages unit to $20.4 billion and it saw overall revenue grow by a third to $57.8 billion, bolstered by its bottling operations.After previous mergers like Pepsi's $3.3 billion buy of Tropicana in 1998 and its $13.4 billion Quaker purchase in 2001, the snacks, sodas, sports drinks and breakfast giant now has nineteen different product lines that with more than $1 billion in annual sales. In December 2010, Pepsi also took control of Wimm-Bill Dann in its largest international acquisition that makes the Purchase, NY -based company the biggest foods seller in Russia. Written by Antoine Gara in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV