7. iShares FTSE Xinhau China 25 ETF (FXI)
Company Profile: The iShares FTSE Xinhau China 25 ETF seeks investment results that correspond generally to the FTSE China 25 Index, which consists of 25 of the largest and most liquid Chinese companies. The ETF's holdings include China Mobile, China Construction Bank and Cnooc.SAC Capital's Investment: Cohen bought 215,000 shares of the ETF in the third quarter, which was worth $6.6 million as of Sept. 30. Share Price Performance: The ETF is down 13% this year but has rallied 21% since Cohen's Sept. 30 disclosure date.
6. First Solar (FSLR) Company Profile: First Solar makes solar electric power modules using a proprietary thin-film semiconductor technology. SAC Capital's Investment: The hedge fund owned about 195,000 shares of the solar company as of Sept. 30. The position was worth $12 million at the end of the third quarter. Share Price Performance: First Solar shares have tumbled 65% this year along with many other solar stocks. Since Sept. 30, the stock has fallen almost 30%, which was sparked by the CEO's abrupt departure in October and the company's weak outlook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV