9. Spectrum Brands (SPB)
Company Profile: Spectrum Brands is a consumer-products company that makes consumer batteries, pet supplies, electric shaving & grooming, electric personal care, portable lighting & home and garden control products. Its brands include Rayovac, Remington, Spectracide, Hot Shot and Repel.SAC Capital's Investment: The hedge fund picked up about 257,000 shares of Spectrum Brands last quarter. The stake had a market value of $6.1 million as of Sept. 30. Share Price Performance: Spectrum Brands looks to be a value play, with the stock down more than 16% this year. Since Cohen's disclosure of ownership on Sept. 30, shares are up 10%.
8. Sanmina-SCI (SANM) Company Profile: Sanmina-SCI focuses on engineering and fabricating complex components, such as printed circuit boards, enclosures, plastics and cables. SAC Capital's Investment: Cohen purchased nearly 1 million shares of Sanmina-SCI in the third quarter, a position that carried a market value of $6.5 million as of Sept. 30. Share Price Performance: The stock is down 26% this year, which makes the chart look bad overall. However, Sanmina-SCI has rallied more than 26% since Sept. 30.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV