5. InterDigital (IDCC)
Company Profile: InterDigital produces, sells and licenses wireless digital radio-telephone systems for voice and data communications.Paulson's Investment: Paulson picked up 3 million shares of InterDigital in the third quarter, which was worth about $140 million as of Sept. 30. Share Price Performance: InterDigital shares have been on a wild ride this year. While the stock is up 10.5% overall in 2011, InterDigital is down significantly from its 52-week high of $82.50. This stock may be a loser for Paulson currently, as shares are down 7.5% since Sept. 30.
4. AMC Networks (AMCX) Company Profile: AMC Networks owns and operates several popular and award-winning brands in cable television, such as AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel and WE tv. Paulson's Investment: Given Paulson's performance so far this year, it's no surprise that the hedge fund manager likes the company that produces the show The Walking Dead. Paulson & Co. owned 5 million shares of AMC Networks as of Sept. 30, a position that carried a market value of about $160 million. Share Price Performance: Shares of AMC Networks are down almost 9% since the company was spun off from Cablevision (CVC) in July. Since Sept. 30, the stock is up nearly 14%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV