7. Transatlantic Holdings (TRH)
Company Profile: Transatlantic Holdings offers reinsurance capacity for a full range of property and casualty products to insurers.Paulson's Investment: Paulson owned 2 million shares of Transatlantic with a market value of $97 million as of Sept. 30. Share Price Performance: Shares of Transatlantic are up only 5.7% this year overall, but the stock has done well since late September. Shares are up 15% since the end of the third quarter.
6. Talisman Energy (TLM) Company Profile: Talisman Energy is an oil and gas company with operation areas in North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia. Paulson's Investment: Paulson bought 8.7 million shares of Talisman in the third quarter. His hedge fund's stake was worth $107 million as of Sept. 30. Share Price Performance: While shares of Talisman Energy are down more than 36% this year, Paulson may actually have a profit in this position depending on when his hedge fund purchased shares. Since Sept. 30, shares of the energy company are up 15%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV