MAKO Surgical Corporation (MAKO): Today's Featured Health Services Winner
MAKO Surgical Corporation (MAKO) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, MAKO Surgical Corporation rose $1.13 (3.4%) to $33.98 on average volume. Throughout the day, 807,270 shares of MAKO Surgical Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.27-$34.21 after having opened the day at $32.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.85. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Retractable Technologies Inc (RVP), up 8.3%, Iridex Corporation (IRIX), up 7.1%, ZELTIQ Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ), up 6.5%, and Electromed Inc (ELMD), up 6.4%. MAKO Surgical Corp., a medical device company, markets its advanced robotic arm solution and orthopedic implants for orthopedic procedures in the United States and internationally. MAKO Surgical Corporation has a market cap of $1.49 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 115.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates MAKO Surgical as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been generally deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full MAKO Surgical Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV