Live Nation Entertainment Inc (LYV) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.1%. By the end of trading, Live Nation Entertainment Inc rose 8 cents (1%) to $8.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Live Nation Entertainment Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $8.34-$8.68 after having opened the day at $8.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.36. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: NTN Buzztime Inc (NTN), up 5%, Noah Education Holdings (NED), up 4.5%, Discovery Communications Inc (DISCB), up 3.4%, and Salem Communications Corporation (SALM), up 2%. Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. operates as a live entertainment company internationally. It involves in the promotion of live music events in its owned and/or operated venues, and in rented third-party venues. Live Nation Entertainment Inc has a market cap of $1.54 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 26.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Live Nation Entertainment as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Live Nation Entertainment Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LYV
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV