St. Joe Corporation (JOE) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, St. Joe Corporation rose 14 cents (0.9%) to $15.52 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 977,189 shares of St. Joe Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 637,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.29-$15.73 after having opened the day at $15.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.38. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Bluegreen Corporation (BXG), up 46.1%, America First Tax Exempt Investors L.P (ATAX), up 3.3%, China Housing & Land Development Inc (CHLN), up 2.3%, and Alto Palermo (APSA), up 2.1%. The St. Joe Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a real estate development company in Florida. The company operates in four segments: Residential Real Estate, Commercial Real Estate, Rural Land Sales, and Forestry. St. Joe Corporation has a market cap of $1.35 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are down 29.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates St. Joe as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full St. Joe Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about JOE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV