Polypore International Inc. (PPO): Today's Featured Industrial Winner
Polypore International Inc (PPO) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Polypore International Inc rose $1.72 (3.1%) to $56.67 on light volume. Throughout the day, 589,095 shares of Polypore International Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 837,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.84-$57.05 after having opened the day at $54.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.95. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: Energy Focus Inc (EFOI), up 12%, Arotech Corporation (ARTX), up 11.4%, China Development Group Corporation (CTDC), up 11.4%, and Capstone Turbine Corporation (CPST), up 7.3%. Polypore International, Inc., a technology filtration company, develops, manufactures, and markets microporous membranes used in separation and filtration processes. It operates in two segments, Energy Storage and Separations Media. Polypore International Inc has a market cap of $2.51 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.1, above the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 25.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 34.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Polypore International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Polypore International Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV