Owens-Illinois Inc (OI): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Winner
Owens-Illinois Inc (OI) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Owens-Illinois Inc rose 25 cents (1.2%) to $20.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Owens-Illinois Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.35-$20.93 after having opened the day at $20.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.52. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: Deswell Industries Inc (DSWL), up 9.9%, Tufco Technologies (TFCO), up 5.5%, Physicians Formula Holdings Inc (FACE), up 4.4%, and Crocs Inc (CROX), up 3%. Owens-Illinois, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of glass containers primarily in Europe, North America, South America, and the Asia Pacific. Owens-Illinois Inc has a market cap of $3.25 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 33.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Owens-Illinois as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its revenue growth. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Owens-Illinois Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV