ORLANDO, Florida and MELBOURNE, Australia, November 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Revascor™, Mesoblast's proprietary Mesenchymal Precursor Cell (MPC) product for cardiovascular diseases, was safe and well-tolerated at all doses, with no clinically relevant immune responses to donor cells
- Revascor™ therapy significantly reduced cardiac mortality and major adverse cardiac events (MACE) in patients with congestive heart failure over a mean follow-up of 22 months
- Highest dose of Revascor™ completely prevented any episodes of heart failure hospitalization over 18 months of follow-up
- Clinical improvement was associated with evidence of remodeling (reduction in heart volumes) and improvement in functional capacity (increased walking distance), which are key parameters in congestive heart failure
- Revascor™ anticipated to progress to Phase 3 trial in first half of 2012
Regenerative medicine company Mesoblast Limited (ASX:MSB; OTC ADR:MBLTY) today announced positive Phase 2 heart failure trial results of its allogeneic, or off-the-shelf, adult stem cell product Revascor™ after all patients had completed a minimum follow-up of 12 months, and a mean follow-up of 22 months. The Phase 2 trial results were presented at the American Heart Association annual meeting in Orlando, Florida, by the trial's independent principal investigator Dr Emerson C. Perin, Director of Research in Cardiovascular Medicine and Medical Director, Stem Cell Center, Texas Heart Institute in Houston.
MPC treatment pooled across all doses resulted in significant reduction in cardiac mortality, and at the highest dose resulted in complete prevention of heart failure hospitalization events. Mesoblast expects that these outcomes will be central to the primary endpoint of a Revascor™ Phase 3 trial for product regulatory approval by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV