NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Genco Shipping & Trading Limited (NYSE: GNK) today announced that it has taken delivery of the Genco Spirit, a 34,432 dwt Handysize newbuilding. The Genco Spirit is the final vessel to be delivered to the Company under Genco's agreement previously announced on June 9, 2010 to acquire five Handysize vessels from companies within the Metrostar group of companies.
The Genco Spirit was delivered to its charterer, Cargill International S.A., to commence a time charter for 34.5 to 37.5 months. The rate for the time charter will be linked to the Baltic Handysize Index (BHSI), incorporating a floor of $8,500 and a ceiling of $13,500 daily, with a 50% profit sharing arrangement to apply to any amount above the ceiling. The rate will be based on 115% of the average of the daily rates of the BHSI, as reflected in daily reports. Hire will be paid every 15 days in advance, net of a 5.00% third party brokerage commission.
The Company used available cash of $9.9 million as well as $20.0 million under its $100 million term loan facility to pay the remaining balance of $29.9 million for the Genco Spirit.
About Genco Shipping & Trading LimitedGenco Shipping & Trading Limited transports iron ore, coal, grain, steel products and other drybulk cargoes along worldwide shipping routes. Excluding Baltic Trading Limited's fleet, we own a fleet of 53 drybulk vessels, consisting of nine Capesize, eight Panamax, 17 Supramax, six Handymax and 13 Handysize vessels, with an aggregate carrying capacity of approximately 3,810,000 dwt. In addition, our subsidiary Baltic Trading Limited currently owns a fleet of nine drybulk vessels, consisting of two Capesize, four Supramax, and three Handysize vessels. References to Genco's vessels and fleet in this press release exclude vessels owned by Baltic Trading Limited, a subsidiary of Genco.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV