- Sales in the third quarter (Q3), were $3,861,195, up 44% when compared to sales of $2,676,921, in the corresponding period a year ago. The result was a GAAP accounting net loss of $92,293, or $0.01 per basic weighted average shares for Q3, 2011, compared with a net loss of $155,415, or $0.01 per basic weighted average share, in Q3, 2010. A combination of a much higher income tax expense recognized in Q3, 2011 ($247,634) versus Q3, 2010 ($9,140) , higher raw material cost from China, as well as the mix of products sold were the main factors that resulted in a negative net income in Q3.
- GAAP operating income for the third quarter of 2011 was positive $155,288 compared to negative $146,275 for a net positive change of $301,563. This illustrates the cost control exercised throughout operations.
- Basic weighted average shares used in computing per share amounts in Q3 were 13,169,991 for 2011 and 13,962,567 for 2010. A share buy back of 792,576 shares in Q1, 2011 is the reason for the reduction of shares outstanding.
- Non-GAAP operating cash flow: For the 9 months ending Sept. 30, 2011, net income reflects $370,111 of non-cash charges (depreciation and stock option expenses), net income tax expense of $862,634, and new factory construction and development costs and related interest expense of $650,969. These items are either non-cash items or items not related to operations or current operating activities. When these items are removed, the Company shows operating cash flow of $2,324,209, or $0.18 per weighted average share. This compares with operating cash flow of 1,737,521, or $0.12 per share, in the corresponding 9 months of 2010 (see the table that follows for details of these calculations).
FSI Announces Third Quarter Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.