Third Quarter Financial Results
Net sales for the third quarter of 2011 increased 18.3% to $8.9 million from $7.5 million in the same period last year. Store operating weeks increased 41% to 468 from 332.
Cost of sales increased 23.1% to $3.8 million from $3.1 million, and as a percentage of net sales, increased 1.7 percentage points to 42.5%. Gross profit increased 14.9% to $5.1 million from $4.4 million compared to the third quarter of 2010 due to higher net sales.
General and administrative expenses were $0.7 million, or 7.4% of net sales, compared to $0.3 million in the same period last year, or 4.7% of net sales as the Company incurred higher professional fees and public company costs.Adjusted EBITDA was negative $(0.7) million compared to $0.5 million in the same period last year. See financial tables for a reconciliation of adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization), a non-GAAP measure, to GAAP results. GAAP net loss attributable to stockholders was $(0.9) million or $(0.17) per diluted share, compared to a net loss of ($39,000) or ($0.01) per diluted share in the same period last year. Store Development During the third quarter of 2011, the Company opened four stores in New York and Illinois and ended the three-month period with a total of 39 stores opened across six states and the District of Columbia. Outlook Management is suspending its previously announced guidance for 2011 net sales and adjusted EBITDA but is reaffirming its new store development outlook of 16-18 store openings within existing markets. For 2012, the Company will continue to open stores in both existing markets and new markets such as Boston and Philadelphia and intends to address its overall outlook development and financial outlook when it reports year-end results early next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV