SDIX Reports Third Quarter 2011 Results
SDIX (Nasdaq: SDIX), a leading provider of biotechnology-based products and services for a broad range of life science, biotechnology, diagnostic and food safety applications, today reported financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Revenue for the third quarter of 2011 was $6.9 million, decreasing from $7.5 million for the same period in 2010. The Company’s core Life Science and Food Safety businesses continued to grow, with combined revenues increasing 6% compared to the third quarter of 2010 despite a small decline in Food Safety revenue compared to the prior year.
Revenue for the nine months ended September 30, 2011 was $21.5 million, increasing 2% from $21.0 million for the same period in 2010. For this nine month period, Life Science and Food Safety revenues increased 13% and 16%, respectively, over the same period in 2010.
Net loss for the third quarter of 2011 was $694,000, compared to a net loss of $29,000 in 2010. The increase in net loss was primarily related to the lower revenue and the planned investment increases in the Company’s strategic initiative to further develop its next-generation Genomic Antibody Technology (GAT) platform.Highlights
- Enhanced Life Science Proprietary In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Portfolio with New Antibody Products – Following the launch of new Apo B antibodies earlier in the quarter, three additional polyclonal antibodies were completed and are being introduced to IVD customers.
- Launched New Listeria Testing Solution – RapidChek® Listeria F.A.S.T.™ 24-hour Test System was introduced to the market. The test later earned AOAC Performance-Tested Methods Certification, providing validation for food producers, whom the Company expects to use it to better meet “test-and-hold” requirements.
- Salmonella Enteritidis Test Data Published by the Journal of AOAC International – Scientific publication provided detailed performance specifications for the Company’s RapidChek® SELECT™ Salmonella Enteritidis Test System, which demonstrated equivalent performance with both the standard FDA BAM method for testing egg-pools and the USDA FSIS method for poultry carcass rinsates.
- Sold Water Quality Assets to Modern Water Plc – Water Quality division was sold for $4.5 million; assets sold include the division’s intellectual property, current inventory and commercial contracts, as well as equipment and staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV