NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- A.O. Smith Corp (NYSE: AOS: $37) has been picked by S&P Capital IQ as its Focus Stock of the Week. AOS carries S&P Capital IQ's highest investment recommendation of 5-STARS, or Strong Buy. The company is a leading manufacturer of water heating equipment used in the residential, commercial and industrial markets.
" A.O. Smith is in the middle of a notable transformation of its business, in terms of product lines and geographic coverage," said Kevin Kirkeby, equity analyst at S&P Capital IQ. " A.O. Smith has spent years building a strong brand identity in North America for its water heaters, garnering about a 40% share of the residential market, and a 50% share of the commercial market. A significant portion of its revenues come from the sale of replacement units, providing relatively consistent sales from year to year."
To view a video of Mr. Kirkeby discussing AOS paste the following link into your browser.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV