NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- "Today's market was a heavyweight fight between Italy and Warren Buffett," Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show Monday. But the famed "Oracle of Omaha," he noted, can't save us forever.
Cramer explained that Italy once again drove down the early market trading today, with reports that an auction today of five-year bonds saw the embattled country's interest rates climb a full 1% from just a month ago. He said that with Italy will need to borrow $260 billion over the next year to stay afloat, the stunning rise in financing costs will clearly weighed on the markets.But then Warren Buffett appeared on CNBC to talk about his 5% stake in IBM (IBM), a stock which Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV