3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Nov. 14
NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- What's happening in small business today?
1. Global Entrepreneurship Week kicks off. Today kicks off the third annual Global Entrepreneurship Week, with events sponsored by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation literally around the world to engage and inspire entrepreneurism.
"For one week each November, students, educators, entrepreneurs, business leaders and government officials come together to pursue one cause -- to spread the power of entrepreneurship," according to a statement by Kauffman CEO Carl Schramm. "It's during this time that we celebrate the innovators who bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare."
Events include:Cleantech Open Global Ideas Competition Finals and Awards Competition in San Francisco. The competition seeks the best clean-technology ideas from around the world. At the award ceremony (date still TBA) finalists making a short pitch to an audience of about 2,500 investors have a chance at winning $100,000 to invest in their business. Khemka Forum on Social Entrepreneurship at The Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, India. The Khemka Forum on Social Entrepreneurship will host its annual event Nov. 17-18. India's most influential entrepreneurs, academics, investors, philanthropists and others will come together to discuss social entrepreneurism. 2. Another small-business lending fund? Sen. Mary Landrieu, Democrat of Louisiana and chairwoman of the Senate Small Business Committee, is frustrated that a fund set up to extend money to struggling small businesses on Main Street did not get used as much as it should have. She's hoping to launch a second, more effective program. "We may be able to at some point in the future launch
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV