- In connection with its fee-based services business, Resorts sold $34.0 million of third-party VOI inventory in Q3 2011, generating sales and marketing commissions of approximately $23.5 million and contributing an estimated $6.2 million to Resorts operating profit. This compares to sales of $22.1 million of third-party VOI inventory, which generated sales and marketing commissions of $15.1 million and contributed an estimated $4.7 million to Resorts operating profit in Q3 2010. In Q3 2011, Bluegreen provided sales and marketing services to 7 resorts under fee-based service arrangements, as compared to 5 such arrangements during Q3 2010;
- Total revenues from fee-based services rose 30% to $42.3 million in Q3 2011. As of September 30, 2011, Bluegreen managed 45 timeshare resort properties and hotels compared to 43 as of September 30, 2010;
- Cash received from Resorts sales - either at closing or within 30 days of closing and including down payments received on financed sales - represented 55% of Resorts sales for the first nine months of 2011;
- Debt-to-equity (recourse and non-recourse) declined to 2.32:1 at September 30, 2011 from 2.58:1 at December 31, 2010. Debt-to-equity (recourse only) declined to 1.08:1 at September 30, 2011 from 1.22:1 at December 31, 2010;
- In September 2011, Bluegreen entered into a $30.0 million revolving timeshare receivables hypothecation facility with CapitalSource Bank; and
- In October 2011, Bluegreen amended, restated, and extended by one year its existing timeshare receivables purchase facility with BB&T. The amended revolving facility allows for maximum outstanding borrowings of $50.0 million. As of September 30, 2011, $20.6 million was outstanding under this facility.
Bluegreen Corporation Reports 2011 Third Quarter Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.