Payment Data Systems, Inc. (OTCBB: PYDS) an integrated electronic payments solutions provider, today announced financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Revenues increased to $1,437,592 for the third quarter of 2011 up from $648,927 for the third quarter of 2010 due to higher transaction growth. The operating income for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 was $208,996 compared to operating loss of $134,626 for the third quarter of 2010. Net income for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 was $262,541 up from a net loss of $142,116 for the third quarter of 2010.
Highlights for the third quarter of 2011 include:
- Revenue grew 87% over the second quarter of 2011.
- Gross profit grew 208% to $523,262 as compared to $169,817 in the second quarter of 2011.
- Cash and cash equivalents grew to $1,943,418 at September 30, 2011 from $318,471 at June 30, 2011.
- Total current assets grew to $2,404,768 at September 30, 2011 from $516,422 at June 30, 2011.
- Total transaction dollar volume increased to over $60,000,000.
- Over 1,200,000 transactions were processed in the third quarter, representing 336% gain over the second quarter of 2011.
Commenting on the results for the quarter, Michael R. Long, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Payment Data Systems, said, “The tremendous growth we experienced this quarter has caused us to be very enthusiastic about our future. Our sales team did an outstanding job securing new clients and our operations team was able to implement the new customers with nominal capital expenditures. All this was accomplished while holding our selling and general administrative expenses constant.”Mr. Long continued, “All financial metrics and operational metrics hit positive record levels this quarter. Achieving profitability is a major milestone and we believe we are now in a high growth phase. I am pleased to report that as of the date of this press release, we have already processed more transactions in the first 45 days of the current quarter than we accomplished in the record-setting third quarter. I am pleased to be able to project that the fourth quarter will exceed the tremendous growth that we experienced in the third quarter. Equally exciting, we expect to close out the year with record growth in revenues, income from operations, and we expect to be profitable for the complete year’s results.”
|PAYMENT DATA SYSTEMS, INC.|
|CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF OPERATIONS|
|Three Months Ended September 30,||Nine Months Ended September 30,|
Cost of services
|Selling, general and|
|Total operating expenses||1,228,596||783,553||3,095,319||2,336,908|
|Operating income (loss)||208,996||(134,626||)||(104,106||)||(481,309||)|
|Other income (expense):|
|Unrealized gain (loss) on|
|Other income (expense)||105||(4,990||)||22,446||155,010|
|Total other income (expense),|
|Income (loss) before income|
|Net income (loss)||$||262,541||$||(142,116||)||$||(119,958||)||$||(337,344||)|
|Basic and diluted net loss per|
|Weighted average common shares|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV