After receiving approval as an alternative fuel under the 1990 Clean Air Act, propane autogas has become the most popular alternative fuel in the country, powering approximately 350,000 vehicles in the U.S.
Compared to gasoline, propane autogas exhaust contains 60 to 70 percent fewer smog-producing hydrocarbons and yields 12 percent less carbon dioxide and about 20 percent less nitrous oxide, both greenhouse gases. Passage of the Propane GAS Act would lead to an annual savings of 4.2 to 6 million tons of carbon dioxide, according to the ICF International report. Switching to propane autogas from gasoline will also cut emissions of toxins and carcinogens such as benzene and toluene by up to 96 percent.
The ICF International report also projects the Act will speed the transition toward propane as an alternative vehicle fuel, increasing autogas-powered car and truck sales to between 96,000 and 157,000 per year by 2016, compared to 17,000 to 34,000 per year without the credit. Economic activity related to the design and production of propane autogas vehicles and refueling stations is expected to create a total economic impact of up to $29 billion through 2021.
Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. is a Fortune 1000 company and, through its operating partnership, Ferrellgas, L.P., serves approximately 1 million customers in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Ferrellgas employees indirectly own more than 20 million common units of the partnership through an employee stock ownership plan. More information about the company can be found at www.ferrellgas.com and www.ferrellautogas.com.Contact: Tom Colvin - Investor Relations, 913-661-1530 Scott Brockelmeyer - Media Relations, 913-661-1830 SOURCE Ferrellgas Partners, L.P.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV