NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- CalAmp Corporation (Nasdaq:CAMP) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CALAMP CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CALAMP CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.12 versus -$0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.14 versus -$0.12).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income increased by 245.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$0.93 million to $1.36 million.
- CAMP's revenue growth trails the industry average of 44.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 37.10% is the gross profit margin for CALAMP CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.00% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 525.70% to $3.09 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CALAMP CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -56.12%.
Latest Headlines about CAMP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV