- Revenues of $6.1 million reflect a six-fold boost from the comparable quarter in fiscal 2011;
- First commercial stevia harvest completed in September 2011;
- Gross profit increased 372% to $1.8 million vs. $0.4 million in the comparable quarter;
- Gross profit margins on seed revenue were up 400 basis points to 27% versus 23% in the comparable quarter of prior year;
- Net income before income taxes was $875,000; an improvement of $1.2 million from the net loss in the comparable period of the prior year;
- EBITDA was $946,000 for the quarter, an improvement of $1.2 million versus comparable period of the prior year;
- Net income totaled $523,000; an improvement of $777,000 over the comparable period of the prior year;
- Earnings per share was $0.09 versus a loss of ($0.04) per share in the year ago period;
- S&W's purchase of Genetics International’s alfalfa seed customer base paid immediate dividends in the form of Middle Eastern market share growth, S&W brand awareness and margin expansion.
S&W Announces Financial Results For The First Quarter Ended September 30, 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.