If we begin on Slide 3 of the presentation, I will briefly review some recent highlights for Teekay Corporation and our three daughter companies. For Q3 2011, Teekay Corporation generated a consolidated $157 million of cash flow from vessel operations, or CFVO, an increase of 18% from Q3 2010. We reported a consolidated adjusted net loss of $40.6 million, or $0.58 per share in Q3 on a consolidated basis. This was a disappointment. The profits from our fixed-rate businesses were not enough to make up for the losses from our spot tanker operations, including in-chartering of tonnage which took place in previous years.
While the third quarter of the year is usually the weakest quarter on a seasonal basis it was particularly weak this quarter. In addition we also looked at our tanker franchise including the booked value of our tanker assets and, after analysis, recorded some non-cash write downs to the goodwill and the booked value of some of our MR product tankers and older crude tankers.
Despite the weak spot tanker markets, our fixed-rate businesses continue to grow and in the past month we have announced significant acquisitions in both our offshore and L&G businesses. Starting with offshore, Teekay and Teekay Offshore have agreed to acquire three existing FPSO units from Sevan Marine for approximately $790 million, and Teekay will also invest $25 million to acquire a 40% ownership interest in a new net debt-free Sevan. This transaction positions Teekay as one of the top global operators of leased FPSOs.
Also in October, our daughter company Teekay LNG Partners announced that it would form a joint venture with Marubeni Corporation to acquire the Maersk LNG fleet, which is comprised of interests in eight modern LNG carriers for a total purchase price of approximately $1.4 billion. I’ll talk more about both these transactions in a moment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV