Sirona Dental Systems Inc (SIRO) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, Sirona Dental Systems Inc fell $1.13 (-2.5%) to $43.35 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Sirona Dental Systems Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 402,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.23-$45 after having opened the day at $45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.48. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: Bio-Reference Labs Inc (BRLI), down 24.3%, Thermogenesis Corporation (KOOL), down 13.8%, American Shared Hospital (AMS), down 6.8%, and Kips Bay Medical Inc (KIPS), down 6.4%. Sirona Dental Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets dental equipment for dentists worldwide. Sirona Dental Systems Inc has a market cap of $2.61 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.1, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 19.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Sirona Dental Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Sirona Dental Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SIRO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV