Pricesmart Inc. (PSMT): Today's Featured Services Loser
Pricesmart Inc (PSMT) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 2.2%. By the end of trading, Pricesmart Inc fell 85 cents (-1.2%) to $67.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 452,673 shares of Pricesmart Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 311,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $67.79-$69.70 after having opened the day at $68.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.71. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: Shengkai Innovations Inc (VALV), down 15.3%, Dillards Inc (DDS), down 12.6%, Cenveo Inc (CVO), down 9.9%, and FreeSeas Inc (FREE), down 9.2%. PriceSmart, Inc. owns and operates warehouse clubs in the United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Pricesmart Inc has a market cap of $2.27 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 36.6, above the average retail industry P/E ratio of 36.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 80.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pricesmart as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Pricesmart Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV