Level three Communications Inc (LVLT) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2%. By the end of trading, Level three Communications Inc fell 29 cents (-1.3%) to $21.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Level three Communications Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.22-$22 after having opened the day at $21.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.66. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Nexxus Lighting Inc (NEXS), down 18.3%, B Communications (BCOM), down 10.5%, ClearOne Communications Corporation (CLRO), down 6.9%, and DRI Corporation (TBUS), down 6%. Level three Communications, Inc. engages in the communications business in North America and Europe. Level three Communications Inc has a market cap of $4.38 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 47.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Level three as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- You can view the full Level three Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LVLT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV