Amdocs Ltd. (DOX): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Loser
Amdocs (DOX) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Software & Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, Amdocs fell 20 cents (-0.7%) to $29.85 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Amdocs exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.80-$30.34 after having opened the day at $30.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.05. Other company's within the Computer Software & Services industry that declined today were: CyberDefender (CYDE), down 13.9%, Wireless Ronin Technologies Inc (RNIN), down 10.5%, VanceInfo Technologies Inc (VIT), down 10.3%, and Onstream Media Corporation (ONSM), down 8%. Amdocs Limited, through its subsidiaries, provides software and services to the communications, media, and entertainment industry service providers worldwide. The company's software systems support revenue management, customer management, service and resource management, and service delivery. Amdocs has a market cap of $5.42 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 130.2, above the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 16.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Amdocs as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Amdocs Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV