NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are five ETFs to watch this week.
SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF (XHB)
Housing-related retail giants Home Depot (HD) and Lowes (LOW) are reporting their earnings and provide outlooks in the closing days of earnings season. The two are notable holdings within the XHB and iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (ITB).
Earnings-related news should impact the performance of this industry during the first half of the week. Meanwhile, economic events such as the housing starts report will drive action during the second half.Homebuilders have seen some strength in recent weeks but I continue to encourage conservative investors to look elsewhere for real estate exposure. The iShares Cohen & Steers Realty Majors Index Fund (ICF) remains an attractive bet. iShares MSCI Italy Index Fund (EWI) The eurozone's economic drama has created a choppy trading environment over the past few weeks. Looking to the days ahead, this choppiness will likely continue. Funds like EWI will be interesting to watch, but as I've explained on a number of occasions, this part of the developed world is not for the faint of heart. Rather, with nations like Italy and Greece still struggling to sort out their respective issues, the countries in this monetary bloc should only be tested by aggressive and risk tolerant short term traders. Check out
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV