PowerShares DB U.S. Dollar Index Bullish Fund (UUP) -1%
Sweeping market strength is driving investors out of defensive assets such as the U.S. dollar. It has been a rollercoaster week for the greenback as European economic issues continue to dominate investor sentiment.
Although safe havens are falling out of favor as we approach the weekend, I would encourage investors to avoid going all in at this point. Rather, looking ahead, there are plenty of hurdles still in the way. Maintaining a line of defense will be crucial to safe navigation.
All prices as of 2:14 PM ESTWritten by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV