Spreadtrum Communications (SPRD) is a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops and markets baseband processor, radio frequency transceiver and turnkey solutions for the wireless communications and mobile television market. The stock is trading up 7% at $28.53 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1,802,000Average Volume: 1,239,010 Volume % Change: 121% This stock is blazing a trail higher today as buyers continue to come in and scoop up shares following their monster quarter from Wednesday. Spreadtrum beat third-quarter Wall Street estimates by 16 cents, beat on revenues and guided the four quarter above consensus. >>5 Beaten-Down Tech Stocks Poised to Rebound From a technical standpoint, this stock is very close to triggering a major breakout if it can sustain a move and close above some near-term overhead resistance and the all-time high at $28.85. The stock hit $28.70 in intraday trading, so market payers should watch this name very close to see if the stock can finish the week over $28.85. Since the volume today is already very strong it will mean we have hit a high-volume breakout if we get it. Shares could easily soar off this breakout as the stock starts to hit momentum traders' screens who love to play stocks hitting all-time highs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV