TPC Group (TPCG) is a producer of value-added products derived from petrochemical raw materials, such as four-carbon hydrocarbons. The stock is trading up 11% at $22.08 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 432,000Average Volume: 176,102 Volume % Change: 322% This stock is ramping today after the company reported a 67% increase in third-quarter revenue at $835 million, which was well above the prior year quarter of $499 million, on a 9% increase in overall sales volume. From a technical standpoint, this stock is just starting to move back above its 50-day moving average of $21.81 on monster volume. Traders should now watch for a sustained move and close above the 50-day and above the next significant overhead resistance levels at $21.27 and $22.82 on high volume. If we see that action, then this stock sets up for a monster move that could see shares trade up to its next significant overhead resistance at $26.80, or possibly even towards the 200-day moving average of $31.31. TPC Group is one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated chemical stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV