ANN ARBOR, Mich., Nov. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Alabama Medicaid and the State of Alabama are partnering with the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters to build the infrastructure for a statewide health information exchange (HIE) that will improve the quality of care while controlling costs.
The partnership is designed to transform months of detailed planning by a diverse group of stakeholders into functional, user-friendly design for the exchange, known as One Health Record®.
One Health Record® will securely capture real-time clinical and administrative data from electronic medical records, health care claims, and other sources and provide clinicians with comprehensive patient histories at the point of care so they can make better-informed medical decisions.The statewide information exchange can improve the coordination of care, improve clinical outcomes, reduce unnecessary and redundant diagnostic tests, create a less fragmented clinical and administrative workflow, and reduce costs. Participation in the exchange helps providers earn federal meaningful use incentives. "The state of Alabama is clearly committed to the creation of a robust HIE that will help practitioners deliver high quality, cost-effective care," said Jon Newpol, executive vice president for the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters. "And we are committed to supporting that vision and achieving an aggressive, accelerated implementation schedule." The exchange will feature fully compliant interoperability standards, use Local Health Information Organizations as gateways connecting providers with the system, and be pre-populated with Medicaid claims data and clinical data from pilot hospitals and physician practices. "We are pleased to start building the infrastructure for a comprehensive and sustainable health information exchange for Alabama," said Alabama HIT Coordinator Dan Roach III, MD. "Thomson Reuters was selected after a rigorous evaluation process due to its experience, quick implementation, and sophisticated analytic capabilities." HIE Advantage is powered by CareEvolution's HIEBus™, a comprehensive suite of interoperability solutions. Thomson Reuters and CareEvolution have worked with statewide exchanges, Medicaid agencies, hospital associations and medical societies, health systems, and integrated delivery networks on a variety of successful projects. In total, the platform currently:
- Connects 288 hospitals, 1,364 physician practices, and 71 free clinics and home care agencies.
- Contains interoperable patient records for 18.1 million patients.
- Is accessed by 30,200 users for a variety of patient queries and care coordination functions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV